Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In to the wild


As I landed in the land of the red river and blue hills I had to peel off all the extra layers as it was not as cold as one would have expected, and so the unexpected journey began...

While walking along the bank of river Brahmaputra I realized it is the only male river of India. Day 1 ended on a spiritual note by a visit to Balaji Temple & the same was followed on day 2 by visiting Kamakhya temple, where sacrificing a life (animals/birds) fulfills desires of others.

I filled my lungs with fresh air on the beautiful drive to Kaziranga which was well complemented with the awesome music #Beatles

Diversity in the landscaped became increasingly apparent as I moved across the state towards the forest reserve.

I was lucky enough to visit the traditional Karbi festival where I saw several folk dance performances which were followed by traditional dinner after which on couldn’t help but gaze aimlessly at the millions of star shining in the sky. Nature was at its best.

Day 3 started at 5 AM with an elephant safari which took me closer to nature & into the wild which was followed by a jeep safari, saw one horn rhinoceros, wild buffalo, deer & some really exotic birds. And then was on the road again, reached Tezpur in the evening where I enjoyed the stay in a beautiful guest house across the bank of the river

Day 4 was rather laid back & relaxed, but it got interesting as I reached the beautiful Nameri Jungle Resort where I went for a peaceful& hushed journey across the river with mountains & forests giving me company all along, in the evening had an exclusive one to one with the flora & fauna at the resort thus bringing a perfect day to end & to an amazing holiday :)

P.S. - link to pictures http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=334771&id=795269007&l=d5f3e7a3db

No comments: